Welcome to the SpotRight API Developer section.
Here, you can find the specification for our API, including information on the endpoints (Search, Handle, Person, and Topic), example code, and expected responses. Soon, we will provide libraries for easy integration with your programming language of choice, and a community forum to interact with fellow developers.
As part of our merger with Spot Influence, we will be incorporating a series of new API methods during the summer of 2012. We’ll provide updates on this section of our Web site as they become available.
If you have any questions about the SpotRight API, feel free to contact us.
The SpotRight Team
SpotRight data can be accessed via our REST API based at http://api.spotright.com.
Calls have the form:
…would return an ordered list of the top 50 influencers on the search “spot influence”.
Our data is accessed by calls to the following Endpoints:
- Search – The main way to search for people around the topic(s) they influence.
- Intersect – is the way to return results for an intersect query.
- Handle – Lets you get information about a person using a social media handle
- Person – Similar to the Handle call, except uses a Person ID obtained from other API endpoints
- Topic* – Allows you to submit terms for seeding our data collection.
All responses are JSON and the data is encapsulated in an envelope containing meta-data about the success or failure of the call. The Response Format is available.